Resource updates from your Library Director
- The library recently acquired Web of Science Social Sciences Index from Thomson Reuters, which is arguably considered the world's leading citation database. Thompson Reuters has a broad definition of social sciences. This index offers coverage within the following disciplines: anthropology, history, industrial relations, information science and library science, law, linguistics, nursing, philosophy, psychology, psychiatry, political science, public health, social issues, social work, sociology, substance abuse, urban studies, and women's studies.
- Publishing? Be sure to check out a valuable extention to our Web of Science Subscription: Journal Citation Reports - brought in specifically for faculty - JCR Reports offers a much sought after ranking of journals based on calculating Impact Factor, 5-Year Impact Factor, Total Cites, Eigenfactor (measure of the journal’s total importance to the scientific community), and Article Influence Score over the first five years after publication.
- EDUCATION SOURCE searches ALL EBSCO education resources, including an Education FullText Backfile that has coverage btw 1929-1983, the current version of Education FullText and ERIC.
- ProQuest's SocialSciences Premium is an OUTSTANDING Resource! In my opinion, it's even better than SOCIndex, as it includes Social Sciences Abstracts, Social Services abstracts, PILOTS (PTSD database) and has thorough coverage within the areas of politics, sociology, social services, anthropology, criminology and education.
Deans Committee to the Library Faculty Reps
Listed by discipline, the following faculty members participate on the Dean's Committee on the Library.
- Allied Health - LaSaundra Hayes
- Art - Don Hazlitt
- Biology/Chemistry/Environmental Science - Mary Kusenda / Jodi Evans
- Business Management - Meryl Rosenblatt
- Communication Arts - Janice Kelly
- Criminal Justice - Christine Barrow
- Education - Michelle Chamblin / Maria Esposito
- English - Virginia Russell
- History / Political Science - Michelle Frasher-Rae
- Interdisplinary Studies - S. Vicki Toale
- Mathematics / Computer Science - Andrew Bulawa
- Modern Languages - Enrique Martinez-Bogo
- Music / Music Therapy - Seung-A Kim
- Nursing - Normadeane Armstrong / Denish Walsh
- Philosophy - Elisa Ruhl-Rapaport
- Physical Education - Donna Newman
- Psychology - Laura Kestemberg
- Sociology - Michael Santaniello
- Social Work - Susan Bliss
- Speech / Language Pathology - Hia Datta
- Theology - S. Vicki Toale
Interested Only in New Stuff?
There are two quick and easy ways to see what the library has received new for books, ebooks and video.
New to the Collection - This is a feature inside our catalog where you can check either by title or library of congress classification for materials received within the past 1 to 4 weeks.
New Titles RSS Feed(s) by Subject - Listed by subject and Library of Congress Classification order, select one or more subject areas to be notified via RSS when new books, ebooks or videos arrive in your area of interest.
The following subject specialists are listed alphabetically and can assist with collection development, book requests and shelf lists.
Information Literacy / Instruction Librarian
- Criminal Justice
- History / Political Science
Director, Library Webmaster & Systems, Periodicals
- Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator (MBTI)
Assistant Professor / Interlibrary Loan & Reserves
- Modern Languages
- Music /Music Therapy
- Biology/Chemistry/Environmental Science (BCES)
Electronic Resources & Media Librarian
Associate Librarian Technical Services
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Speech Language Pathology
Collection Development Librarian
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Physical Education
Associate Librarian Reference Services
- Business / Management / Finance
- Communication Arts
- Social Work/Gerontology
Associate Librarian Health Sciences / Head of Circulation
- Allied Health