Resource updates from your Library Director
- Publishing? Be sure to check out Cabell's Directories - brought in specifically for faculty - These directories indicate whether the journal is peer reviewed, and provides acceptance rate, submission guidelines and process and more.
- EDUCATION SOURCE picked up after trial concludes! This terrific resource searches ALL EBSCO education resources, including the recently acquired Education FullText Backfiles that has coverage btw 1929-1983
- ProQuests SocialSciences Premium acquired last fall is an OUTSTANDING Resource - in my opinion, it's even better than SOCIndex.
- HUMANITIES PRIMARY SOURCE options have been updated to reflect many additional sites. The list is on many LibGuides but can be found easily on the lower left hand corner of the Humanities Databases page.
- Have you looked at eBrary or Opposing Viewpoints in Context yet? If not, you're missing out!
- Are you a fan of the NAXOS Music Library? The library now has available the NAXOS Video for the Performing Arts, an extensive streaming video library of classical music performances, opera, ballet, live concerts and documentaries.
- Recently acquired Web of Science from Thomson Reuters is the world's leading citation database, in the social sciences.
Curious about a journal's acceptance rate for publication??
Did you know the library subscribes to a resource that can tell you everything you'd like to know when considering a submission?
- Go to EBSCO's MLA Directory of Periodicals
- Try looking for a specific journal title, or enter a subject term (e.g., psychology) and change the drop to SU Subject
- Browse titles and click on a title hyperlink
- View an entire sample record from Journal of Educational Media, Memory & Society
- Below see info contained in the Submission Details section for the journal Memory & Cognition
Deans Committee to the Library Faculty Reps
Listed by discipline, the following faculty members participate on the Dean's Committee on the Library.
- Allied Health - LaSaundra Hayes
- Art - Don Hazlitt
- Biology/Chemistry/Environmental Science - Mary Kusenda / Jodi Evans
- Business Management - Meryl Rosenblatt
- Communication Arts - Janice Kelly
- Criminal Justice - Christine Barrow
- Education - Michelle Chamblin / Maria Esposito
- English - Virginia Russell
- History / Political Science - Michelle Frasher-Rae
- Interdisplinary Studies - S. Vicki Toale
- Mathematics / Computer Science - Andrew Bulawa
- Modern Languages - Enrique Martinez-Bogo
- Music / Music Therapy - Seung-A Kim
- Nursing - Normadeane Armstrong / Denish Walsh
- Philosophy - Elisa Ruhl-Rapaport
- Physical Education - Donna Newman
- Psychology - Laura Kestemberg
- Sociology - Michael Santaniello
- Social Work - Susan Bliss
- Speech / Language Pathology - Hia Datta
- Theology - S. Vicki Toale
The following subject specialists are listed alphabetically and can assist with collection development, book requests and shelf lists.
Information Literacy / Instruction Librarian
- Communication Arts
- History / Political Science
Director, Library Webmaster & Systems, Periodicals
- Myers-Briggs Temperament Indicator (MBTI)
- Social Work Graduate Pgm/Fordham Liaison
Assistant Professor / Interlibrary Loan & Reserves
- Modern Languages
- Music /Music Therapy
- Biology/Chemistry/Environmental Science (BCES)
Electronic Resources & Media Librarian
Associate Librarian Technical Services
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Speech Language Pathology
Collection Development Librarian
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Physical Education
Associate Librarian Reference Services
- Business / Management / Finance
- Criminal Justice
- Social Work/Gerontology
Associate Librarian Health Sciences / Head of Circulation
- Allied Health