This is the "Discovery" page of the "Discovery FAQ" guide.
Alternate Page for Screenreader Users
Skip to Page Navigation
Skip to Page Content
Admin Sign In
James E. Tobin Library Research Guides
Last Updated: Aug 5, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the question to see the answer.
1. What is discovery?
2. How do I sort my results?
3. How do I find full-text?
4. How do I find one type of source (journal articles, books, videos, etc.)?
5. How can I preview a source?
6. How can I find suggestions related to my topic?
7. How do I find an individual database from the discovery page?
8. How do I find an article from a citation?
9. I sometimes see “Recommendations” at the top of my search results. What do they mean?
10. How do I save searches to a folder? How do I export to RefWorks?
11. How long do the saved items stay in my folder?
12. What is the RSS feed and how can I use it?
13. The record for an article/ebook said it was “Full Text Online” but I received an error message when I clicked on it. What should I do?
14. How do I chat with a librarian within discovery?
15. Have more questions?
Click to chat with Susie
Chat is offline. Please try again later.
Website / Blog
Profile & Guides
; All rights reserved.
Report a tech support issue
View this page in a format suitable for
printers and screen-readers